Family Circus for Ukrainian Families
Starts: Saturday 11th March 1:30 – 2:30 pm
What is ‘Social Circus’’?
Galway Community Circus brings the creative, physical and non-competitive art of circus to the people of Galway.
Family Circus provides opportunities for children and adults to safely engage in circus skills workshops. There is something for the whole family in this class! In this innovative family activity, you will be able to practise specific circus skills such as balancing, juggling, aerial and acrobatics, through fun workshops and activities.
For Family Circus classes, parents/carers are required to stay and participate, and the class operates on a one guardian, one child policy.
In Family Circus, the focus is on:
- Playing together, teamwork, bonding and strengthening family unity
- Taking pleasure in creating, practising and performing routines together
- Collaborating with other members of the group – to lead and to follow
- To be aware of situations involving risks and to agree together how to avoid those risks
- Learning circus skills such as acrobatics, juggling and balancing – suitable to all abilities
- Being creative and using imaginative problem-solving
- Developing balance, coordination, muscle development, concentration and confidence
Spaces are limited. Before registering to participate, please read the following criteria to ensure eligibility. To register, please contact Healthy Galway City Coordinator Aisling Colreavy on 085 821 7547 or email email@example.com
Please read before expressing interest:
Spaces on the Family Circus programme are limited. Before registering to participate, please read the following criteria to ensure eligibility.
Participants should be:
- Available to attend at least 5 out of the 6 weekly sessions (both parents and children
- Available to attend 1 hours (1:30 pm – 2:30 pm) Saturday afternoons
- A Ukrainian adult and child / children living in Galway City
Spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis.